Mission, Vision, Values
The ACMA mission is to educate, support, promote and celebrate all levels of Alberta Country Music Talent and Industry, as the membership strives to achieve their goals; while encouraging Alberta based companies to become involved in the organization.
The ACMA Board will adhere to the following:
- Effective, clear concise communication to our membership and Board
- Be professional and informed on Board and association happenings
- Be positive towards the Board, the association and the members and have compassion when communicating
- Follow up and follow through on decision and commitments
- To meet more regularly than the required two times per year (min number of times to be determined)
- To learn, share and utilize the unique strengths of each Board
- Adhere to an agreed upon email protocol
- Promote the ACMA to people and companies we encounter
- Create something (clothes etc.) that will increase Board
- Visibility and awareness of the ACMA at functions
- Represent the ACMA in a positive light and correct any misconceptions that exist
- Portray a unified front and promote confidence in the association
- Be kind, constructive, professional and ethical
- Forward thinking and proactive anticipating changes and impact on the ACMA
- Active in meetings and the industry
- Receptive and responsive to the membership so members feel confident and comfortable approaching the Board.
- Engage in a yearly strategic planning process
- Listen to all ideas and be open minded
The Vision of the ACMA is:
- To provide a community of like minded people a place to go for timely and accurate advice, knowledge, opportunity, and music industry expertise and become THE credible resource for all Alberta Country Music Industry inquiries and information.
- To increase membership and inspire confidence among our members by being accountable and actively following through on our mandate.
- To bring the ACMA to the forefront of the country music community by becoming a valued, recognized, credible organization within the Canadian Country Music industry.
- To create a clear professional identity that is recognized through consistent branding and professional communications to instill membership pride with the ACMA
- To have an association that is thriving with a sustainable income and financial security to ensure we can continue to strive to achieve our mission and vision.
- To foster country music and present an annual awards show and showcase provincial talent.